
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you ..... well really the weather around Nash-vegas isn't all that Christmasey right now but my spirit is! Yes, I am the person who always rushes the Christmas holidays! Not for commercial reasons - but for REAL reasons. To me it's all about expectations.
My Christmas expectations include many gatherings that include my precious family - both immediate and extended. There will be parties, get-togethers, caroling, and the like, with friends - what fun! Other expectations will involve me standing in a richly storied church sanctuary singing Christmas and Advent songs to the top of my lungs - waiting for a re-entry of the Christ-child into my heart! Still other expectations will mean that my family will take public and private opportunities to share Christ's love to those less fortunate.
One of my favorite childhood memories involving Christmas centers around our family reading the story of Christ's birth from Luke 2 every Christmas eve. My sisters, my brother, and my mama and daddy would gather around our living room and read it reverently. I remember mama encouraging us to close our eyes and imagine ourselves on the road to Bethlehem with Mary and Joseph. It was vivid in my childlike mind.
Neat memory.
What is a special Christmas memory you have?
BTW - I'll be re-visiting this Christmas theme often over the next few weeks - it's what I love.

No comments:
Post a Comment