
Mom
never wavering
pretty
strong
loving
respected
smart (seems everyone I write about is smart!)
selfless
nurse
artistically gifted
beautiful alto voice
devoted daughter
funny
without a doubt - the best cook I know
role model
never wavering
pretty
strong
loving
respected
smart (seems everyone I write about is smart!)
selfless
nurse
artistically gifted
beautiful alto voice
devoted daughter
funny
without a doubt - the best cook I know
role model
Okay - so it really isn't fair for me to put my mom's name in my envelope to draw out, is it? Who doesn't love their mama? My mother and I go way back - ha! She taught me so very much about life and about fairness and compassion and service - things that I hope I've passed along to my children. When I was little, I was never allowed to make fun of someone else. My mother forbade my sister and I from ridiculing others. She simply wouldn't have it. She always insisted that we try to think of how another person's life might be before we were critical. I can remember her helping other, less fortunate, people in our community, without anyone else ever knowing. I remember a little girl in my sister's class at school who had next to nothing. We would take that family food, clothing, and other things because it was the right thing to do. My mother loves the Lord and serves Him still. I learned so much from my mother, but that is the most important thing she modeled for me. And she still prays for me every day.
I love you Mama!
You pray too.

No comments:
Post a Comment